Essanté Organics supports organic, sustainable, no-till, certified farming: in addition to the wildcrafting practices above, we support no-till organic farming, a way of sustainably growing crops without disturbing the soil through tillage. No-till farming increases the retention of nutrients, water and organic matter within the soil, while decreasing airborne dust and damaging greenhouse gases. It is known for reducing or eliminating soil erosion, improving global cooling and the soil’s biological fertility. No-till farming allows our farmers to be more efficient while leaving a greener footprint. Studies show no-till farming is not only eco-friendly, it can be more profitable too, by reducing labor, fuel, irrigation and machinery costs (so spread the word). We also partner with farms which harvest during proper seasons and at the proper time of day (see wildcrafting above and distillation below). Whenever possible, Essanté Organics chooses to partner with farms which practice no-till farming.
Companies which produce an extensive line of toxic free product, as Essanté Organics does, are unable to procure, develop, operate and 3rd party certify the thousands of organic farm acres, in the crop's indigenous lands, required to produce the hundreds of certified organic ingredients used throughout their product line. Essanté Organics chooses to select and partner with certified organic farms where crops are organically grown in their indigenous area. Essanté Organics selects farmers who create jobs in their communities and who are experts in their craft.
Essanté Organics is a global expert in toxic free product formulation and distribution; and part of that process includes the expert, sustainable, sourcing and selecting farms that produce ingredients which are authenticated by 3rd party organic certifiers. For example, Essanté Organics ingredients are certified organic, wildcrafted, pesticide-free, or select farmed. Essanté Organics sources and selects organic ingredients by partnering with over 300 of the finest organic farmers, as well as wildcrafters, in the world; land owners who are committed to:
- Continuing education in toxic free & eco friendly cultivation methods
- Continuing education in sustainable, non-GMO land & plant cultivation
- Continuing education in harvesting: including correct season & time of day
- Continuing education in distilling time: correct time duration to distill each plant
- Continuing education in distilling temperatures: excessive heat is never used
- Never denaturing, reconstituting or adding anything to the raw ingredient
- Practicing all of the above without child or slave labor & without animal testing
- Taking only what is needed from and replenishing the lands & plants
- Having their land annually tested and certified by a 3rd party certifier
- Only offering product batches that pass 3rd party testing and are certified
- Only offering essential oil batches that pass Gas Spectrometer testing
- Legally discarding each batch that does not pass 3rd party testing
- Allowing Essanté Organics to inspect land, harvests & distilleries at any time
- Remaining experts in their field of organic and/or wildcrafting
Some companies state they "visit their farms and distilleries to observe the herbs are organically grown" yet physically visiting and looking at a farm and its distillery does not guarantee the ingredient is truly organic. Essanté Organics sources ingredients from certified organic farms or from wildcrafters whose land is tested annually, by 3rd party experts; experts who guarantee and certify the land, every harvest, and each end ingredient batch is 100% free from toxins. This 3rd party certification process is the only way to guarantee the ingredient is free from all toxic fertilizers, pesticides, chemical fillers and solvents. This means Essanté Organics products, including their essential oils, are genuinely good for you, good for farmers, good for animals, good for the indigenous communities and good for the earth.
Ask questions. If a company states, "Our USA farm has been organic for 50 years", until one of the USDA NOP certifying agencies test and certify their land (and each ingredient batch from that land) their claim is not supported or proven by evidence. If their farms are truly organic, it is simple for an honest organic farm to become a certified organic farm. The world needs more of these farms. Here is the certification process for each USDA Organic farm Essanté Organics is partnered with: https:www.ams.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/GuideforOrganicCropProducers.pdf